As per the ACITE notification no. PG/07(01)/2012, Grievance Redressal Committee is constituted in each institute for the purpose of addressing the grievances of the lady students and staff of the Institute.
- Definition of Woman Grievance
According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behaviour such as:
- Physical contact and advances, demand or request for sexual favors, sexually coloured remarks.
- Display of pornography, any other unwelcome physical, verbal or nonverbal conduct of a sexual nature.
- Violent conduct or treatment or unlawful use of force. Harassment can take the appearance of bante i.e. teasing, mockery, joking, repartee, wit, chit-chat, etc. or even take on the shape of unwelcome physical contact. For example: Rebuff of payment or official endorsement in the absence of sexual favors, Pornographuc pictures/messages displayed on desks, boards or sent by email.
- Comment made about personal appearance and dress.
- Colored jokes shared in the college campus that makes others uncomfortable
- Prohibited Activities
Sexual harassment has been defined as a form of sexual discrimination, consisting of unwanted sexual advances. Examples of prohibited sexual harassment include:
- Supervisors or managers explicitly or implicitly suggesting sex in return for a hiring, compensation, promotion, retention decision, verbal or written sexually suggestive or obscene comments, jokes or propositions
- Unwanted physical contact, such as touching, grabbing or pinching, displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures or magazines, continual expression of sexual or social interest that is not desired.
- Conduct with sexual implication when such conduct interferes with the employee’s work performance or create intimidating environment
Suggesting or implying that failure to accept a request for a date or sex would adversely affect the employee in respect to a performance evaluation or promotion
- Complaint Procedure
- A grievance box shall be kept in a secured place for collecting the complaints
- Any women or girl student who wants to file a complaint can do by either sending an email to Women Grievance Redressal Cell or file a written and signed complaint addressed to the chairperson of the cell. In case of Sexual harassment, the complainant shall include the specific nature of the incident, date and the place of the incident, name of all the parties involved as well as a detailed report of all pertinent facts.
- A member who feels that he or she has been harassed is strongly urged to immediately bring the subject to the attention of a member of Steering Committee. Inquiries and/or complaints will be investigated as quickly as possible. Any investigation will be conducted in confidential manner as compatible with a thorough investigation of the complaints.