MIT boasts of one of the best Faculty Strength in terms of numbers, very high qualifications, well experienced, and so on. MIT has a pool of the best brains in the form of faculty, who have, over a period of time, developed a highly conducive environment for carrying out research & development activities. MIT has evolved a kind of culture wherein industry problems are invited and solutions are provided by active participation of faculty as well as students. MIT has top level domain experts as faculty having specializations in different fields.
The research faculty at MIT has expertise in one or more of the following broad areas:
Basics sciences, Civil Engineering, Computer aided design & Manufacturing, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication, Heat and Power, Heat Transfer, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Micro-machines, Nano technology, Plastic & Polymers, Product Design and Manufacturing, Reliability and industrial engineering.
The specific areas of expertise where research activities have already been initiated are as below:
- Metallurgy and Materials, Engineering, Heat Treatment, Failure Analysis, Materials Development, Corrosion Studies, Composites Special Welding Techniques, Cryogenic Treatment.
- Manufacturing process, Material Science, Production Management, Industrial Engineering.
- Friction, Wear and lubrication, Surface coating, Cryogenic treatment on metals and nonmetals, Characterization.
- Reliability Engineering, Warranty Management, & Maintenance Engineering, Quality and Reliability Engineering, & Industrial Engineering.
- IC Engines, Alternatives fuels for transportation, CFD and combustion, thermal engineering .
- MSA Antenna designing, Signal and image processing, Remote sensing applications, Oceanography, Signal processing, Communication, VLSI Signal Processing, Designs and implementation of optimized DSP architecture, Signal and Image Processing, Microprocessor and Embedded System, Digital Electronics, Real time systems
- Automation, Robotics, Instrumentation & control and Image processing
- Finite Element Method, Theory of Elasticity, Analysis of Structures, Material Testing in Civil Engineering, Analysis and Design of Structures, Refined Shear Deformation Theory, Concrete Technology, Geotechnical Engineering, Foundation Engineering.
- Polymer Synthesis and Polymer characterization, Polymer Synthesis, Polymer Nanocomposites
- Tool design and manufacturing, CAD, CAM and CAE, Advance joining, Advance process planning, Materials.
- Multiphase flow, Two-phase flow pressure drop analysis, Cryogenic treatment, Wear study of material, Heat and power engineering, Thermal engineering,
- Design and analysis of experiments, Quality engineering, Processing of advance material and composites, Machining of conventional and materials, Finite Model updating, Mechanical vibration, mechanical design, Metal forming, Production and industrial management, Design of Machine Element, Manufacturing engineering, Micro-machines,
Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Nanomaterials synthesis and characterization, Solid State Physics (Dielectrics), Nano technology and Sensor fabrication, Organic chemistry.
The figures given below include faculty from all the streams in MIT Aurangabad.
Total Faculty : 493+
which includes the cadres as below:
- Doctorates / with Ph.D. qualification: 55+
- Senior faculty with designations Associate Prof., Professors, etc: 160+
- Post Graduates with ME/MTech/MCA etc Qualifications: 320+